Monday, December 1, 2014

The No More Bananas Smoothie

Anything I put in the blender always has a banana in it...until I don't have anymore.

When I made a choccolate milkshake for my granddaughter on Thanksgiving she kept saying, "I taste bananas.  I taste bananas."  She kept on saying it until I finally said, "I put a banana in it."  She walked away and left the milkshake on the table.

Well, come Sunday morning I didn't have any more bananas.  I went to the store to get some more, but they were too green.  Still got them though. They'll be ready shortly. 


So for the No More Bananas Smoothie:
  • 1 seedless orange - peeled
  • 1 apple - with peel, but of course, core and seed removed
  • Handful of baby carrots
  • Little bit of water for the bottom
  • Ice cubes on top
  • No sweetener
1. Blend on low then increase speed and continue to desired consistency
It's amazing how natural food has its own sweetness without adding any kind of sweetener - artificial or natural.

Tasty, pretty, and healthy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments are moderated before posting. If your comment is derogatory or vulgar, it will not be posted.