Saturday, December 6, 2014

So I Was Laying In The Bed Early This Morning With My Cell Phone In My Hand...

...and I was doing what I usually do when I have reached for the phone to see what time it is...

...going through the notifications and reminders of what I needed to do today. 

One of the reminders were to pay a bill.  Before I make any transaction, I check my account to view the balance and if the balance is where it should be. 

This morning it was less than what I had thought I had.

I got up, went to the desk, pulled out the registers....time for the daily reconciliation to stay on track.

Looked on the account - two transactions for a Kroger #587 - 43201.  Now, I stay in a grocery store and the first thing I'm wondering is what grocery store in Cleveland was bought by Kroger.  I hadn't seen Kroger in Cleveland since the 70s.  Looked up the store number and verified the zip - yep, in Columbus.

I called the bank.  They said that those two transactions were already flagged because they were transactions out of my ordinary mode of purchasing.  I asked the representative when did the transactions happen.  He told me the time and I told him that I was on a stage in Cleveland when these transactions occurred. 

Needless to say, all bank accounts and credit card accounts have been notified and I'm awaiting new cards for all accounts because there were times this week when I had all of my cards in my purse when my purse was not attended - albeit where I discreetly placed my purse during these times.

Minding the Benjamins is a daily task that I practice because some financial institutions do not refund your money or credit your account if the discrepancy is reported after 24 hours.

I reconcile each financial and credit account so that the financial institution and I are always on the same page.

I only bank with national major financial institutions so that matters like these can be resolved quickly with a phone call and if need be a follow-up visit to the nearest branch.

Took an hour and a half out of my morning with all the institutions, but well worth thwarting some low-life thief.

Mind your money cuz somebody else got their mind on it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments are moderated before posting. If your comment is derogatory or vulgar, it will not be posted.