Wednesday, December 10, 2014

On Way to Appointment and Needed to Turn Right on Red

I'm on my way to an appointment and needed to turn right on red.  There are a couple of vehicles in front of me.

When it was time for the vehicle directly in front of me to turn, the driver hadn't yet pulled up to the corner.  I flashed my lights.  They moved up.  They took a while before turning when clearly nobody was coming.  Okay.  They finally turned.

Assumption.  Screwing around on the phone.

I finally turned right following this same hesitant-taking-too-long-to-go-ahead-and-drive driver.

It's rush hour and traffic is stopped.  That Stop-Slow-Little Gas-Stop-A Little Bit More type of flow.

Driver still wasn't driving in reflex.  Just pulling up whenever to close the gap.

Then....crash.

The driver in front of me hit the vehicle in front of them.

Just Great.   Just what was needed in this one lane road.  The driver in the vehicle hit stopped right then and there.  But lo and behold they moved up until the center lane became available so that vehicles could go past their incident. 

Whew.  Nobody was hurt.  Traffic was able to continue.

Next time, may not be so simple as a fender bender. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments are moderated before posting. If your comment is derogatory or vulgar, it will not be posted.