Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14, 2015

Having just watched two movies with my youngest on a snowy day with winter advisory alerts including dangerous wind chills, I relished in the moment that still all is well.

As my youngest moved on into the bedroom after the arrival of one of her best friends, I thought about how in a few hours I would have to venture out into that winter wilderness to head to the theater for the second last sold out show*.  Then I thought about how last night one of the audience members shook every cast member's hand with tears in her eyes as she expressed how the play touched her so.

It wasn't long ago when Valentine's Day was the most dreaded day to face.  But it's funny how a perspective makes a difference in feeling good or feeling bad.   Either a person can be sad that they do not have anyone in their life or a person can be glad that they are not in an unhealthy relationship.

That saying, I can do bad all by myself, just came to mind.

But if the saying was I can do good all by myself, that would be a sense of empowerment versus the defeating belief that no matter what, bad will exist.

There is a peace when self-fulfillment is not based on having a significant other.

I'm good.









*Joe Turner's Come and Gone at Karamu House


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments are moderated before posting. If your comment is derogatory or vulgar, it will not be posted.