Sunday, August 17, 2014

"There Is A Thinking Stuff"

A few years ago, I came across the book, "The Science of Getting Rich."   In this 104-year-old book, Wallace Wattles talks about a student, a poor man who rented a house, who had only what he had earned for the day.  Following the steps outlined in the book, the student thought that it would be reasonable enough to ask for a rug for the best room of his home and for a coal stove to keep the house warm when it was cold outside.  Following the steps that Mr. Wattles outlined throughout the book, the student obtained those things in a few months.  At the end of it all, the student wound up owning and rebuilding the home.

A year or so ago, I knew that I would like to obtain a new car.  Even though I was not in the market and not in the position, I kept having this urge to make up my mind what I wanted.  I went back between a sedan and an SUV.  I liked the sedan because of the sealed trunk but then I wanted an SUV for the wintry months.  I already knew the make and then began making comparisons on the colors of the sedan and the SUV.  I started building the car on an app like I was going to buy it the next week.  Something just kept pushing me to make up my mind what I wanted.  I settled on the color for the sedan.  It was done. I made my choice, so when it was time to buy it, which was not in the near future as far as I could see, I already knew what I wanted.  I knew that would be what I would get. 

In the book, it talks about how thinking about something would have it manifest it some way.  For example, if a person wanted a sewing machine, then he or she would "hold the mental image of it with the most positive certainty that it is being made or is on its way..."  Then,  "have the most absolute and unquestioning faith that the sewing machine is coming.  Never think of it or speak of it in any other way than as being sure to arrive. Claim it as already yours."  Then the book goes on to say that the sewing machine would come "by the power of the supreme intelligence, acting upon the minds of men."

Sure enough just a few months later, after a series of events from upon the minds of men, I came to begin driving the same make, model, and color of the car that I had decided would be the car "whenever it was time" for me to obtain it.


"There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
A thought, in this substance, Produces the thing that is imaged by the thought. Man can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created."
Wallace D Wattles – 1910

*Info:
The Science of Getting Rich - Wikipedia
Download of The Science of Getting Rich 
The Science of Getting Rich Network
The Science of Getting Rich - CD by Denis Waitley 
Reader Reviews from goodreads





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments are moderated before posting. If your comment is derogatory or vulgar, it will not be posted.