Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nausea and Hot Flashes Can Be Signs of Something Else

What comes to mind when hearing about somebody having a heart attack?

Someone clutching their chest and then eventually falling over?

There are different symptoms of a heart attack, especially for women, not including direct chest pain.

When my mother had a heart attack, she complained of the need to use the bathroom as well as vomit.When the feeling didn't subside, she went to ER in a squad. It was at the hospital, they discovered that it was a heart attack and they transported her to the main campus where they were waiting for her and prepped for surgery.

Just recently, I was on a hospital observation floor for two days. I didn't feel good with the same symptoms as described above. My doctor and I had already been in close communications regarding my blood pressure and I had just sent her my numbers a couple of days before. But since I didn't feel right and it was getting worse, I took my blood pressure. It was extraordinarily higher than what I have ever had before...and it was rising. Feeling close to fainting, I called EMS. After extensive testing and 1 day of medication my numbers are normal. Hormonal, thank goodness.

Regular exercise and diet are key to improving numbers to healthy blood pressure, cholesterol (although there is recent controversy now questioning if bad cholesterol is really bad), triglycerides, and glucose levels. Unhealthy numbers can possibly and over time eventually lead to heart issues, kidney problems, stroke, amputation of digits and limbs, and other health concerns leading to fatality.

Regular visits to the doctor are strongly recommended. Exercise and diet do not provide a 100% guarantee to a medical episode-free life.

The following link is from BlackDoctor.org about a woman's recent experience on thinking it was just something else. She was really having a heart attack.

http://blackdoctor.org/15589/bdo-my-story-kimberly-montgomery/?omcamp=es-bdo-nl






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments are moderated before posting. If your comment is derogatory or vulgar, it will not be posted.